Monday, August 23, 2010

Almost done . . .

I finished up the tops that I have been working on for two quilt-alongs that I have been participating in -KarrieLyne's Charm Pack Quilt-Along and Amy's Simple Sampler Quilt-Along.

I made them both out of scraps. For being "scrap" quilts I think they came out really nice. I still have so many scraps. I don't see an end in sight. Most of my scraps I had already cut into different size squares which made these projects easy because I already had "ready charms".

Now all I have to do is quilt and bind them so they will be complete. I added borders since my quilting assistant Jeffrey said "Mommy they need to be a little bit bigger to fit both of us".

These projects have been really exciting and fun. Since they were my first quilt-alongs it was exciting to see what was coming next. I also learned a few things too, which is always a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment