Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Inspiration


I read recently an article about inspiration and where we find it. I like to take pictures. There are many things that give me inspiration and beauty in nature and the places around us are one of them. I love being around water and people that I love.

I was visiting with my quilting guild at Marybeth's and this is the view of the bay from her deck. Water is always so peaceful and gives you a sense of calmness. There is nothing better than sitting and starring at a body of water on a sunny day.

I have been wanting to try making an art quilt, small quilt and practice my free motion quilting skills. This I accomplished all in this 9 x 11 quilt that I made. As soon as it was complete it got the "mommy this is beautiful can I put it in my room award!"

So guess where it hangs? In Jeffrey's Gallery.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely! I would love to try an art quilt, but I'm just not good with applique:( Maybe someday.

    ReplyDelete