Friday, October 29, 2010

Blogger's Quilt Festival - Fall 2010


Ms. Nelson's Wedding Blanket

Last spring my son's Kindergarten teacher got engaged to be married. The children were very excited and nervous at the same time. For some reason they all thought that this meant she was going to be leaving them - right away.



The time past and they realized that she wasn't going to leave them and then they all got really excited. They wanted to give her a party and a gift. I thought it would be nice to have them give her something that was a special piece of each one of them and something they created. I went to the school with some of the other parents one day and the art teacher was nice enough to let us use their art time to create these fabric squares of their artwork. Through their art you can tell the love that they have for her. She is a very talented and unique young lady. As a parent this is who you want your child to spend their day with.


She was married at the beach in October 2010 so we had the children draw an ocean wedding theme block. I put them together with some fabric of her favorite colors and then just quilted it with straight lines. This is the biggest quilt that I have attempted to quilt myself. It helped me to realize that it's not so hard after all and my first attempt at "designing" something myself turned out okay.


The children were very proud to present her with her gift and she was very touched. She said it was the best present she had ever gotten!

This quilt is very special so that is why I decided to share it in Amy's Blogger's Quilt Festival - Fall 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment